OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Archiving Articles

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Archiving Articles

Postby macdonaj » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Hello all,

We have a journal using the OJS as a workflow management tool. They primarily use it for submission, review and initial editing (copy edit and the like is done outside the system). They generally upload the copyedit version back to the OJS and then archive the submission. They archive the submission from the Summary page for the article. We have one article (not a regular article) that for some reason does not provide the link to archive the submission from its summary page.

The Summary of the article doesn't allow me to change the section it may belong to, add editors or even display the article metadata section. Am I missing something here?

Thanks for the help.
macdonaj

Re: Archiving Articles

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:29 pm

Hi macdonaj

Which version of OJS are you using? Has that submission been assigned to you (as an Editor/Section Editor)? Is this the only article that is acting this way?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby macdonaj » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:28 pm

It looks like both of these articles are assigned to section editors that are no longer section editors. Could it be that the section editor that is assigned the article must be the one to archive it?

I promoted one of these assigned editors back to section editor but this did not restore her association with the article.

The editors have asked that if I can not archive the articles to go ahead and delete them. I went ahead and did that in the file browser but as I suspected would be the case this did not pull the article from the queue just deleted the files.

I can't tell you the version, unfortunately, we don't host this particular journal I simply help out as the journal manager... I email the hosts but haven't heard back.

Any suggestions – thoughts?
macdonaj

Postby macdonaj » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:34 pm

Is there a way to assign a new editor to a submission?
macdonaj

Postby ramon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:14 am

Hello macdonaj,

If you are in OJS 2.x, your version info should be in About > About this publishing system.

If you check the Summary page of the submission, as Editor you can assign any editor (including yourself) as editor of the submission.
You can also archive the submission from that page.
If the article has been published, it has already been archived, which means you won't be able to archive it again.
To remove published submissions, you must first remove them from the issue their published, archive them, then, in the Archives, delete the submission.

If you are not able, maybe your are login in as a section editor, who has full powers only on the submissions (s)he is assigned to.
If you are, you SHOULDN'T be able to even see that submission...

You may also be running into a database inconsistency issue here...
ramon

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion