OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Variables in Prepared Email Titles & Is there a List?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Variables in Prepared Email Titles & Is there a List?

Postby thebigaym » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:33 pm

http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/docs/userguide/2.3.1/journalManagementPages.html#journalManagementPreparedEmail

Make your changes to the selected template. Avoid changing any of the embedded program variables (anything that looks like {$this}) however, as these will dynamically generate appropriate information. (For example, {$reviewerName} in the figure below will insert the Reviewer recipient's name into the email.)

I want to add the submission number to the title of the e-mail which the copyeditor and layout editor send when notifying the editor that the work is complete.

Can variables be added to the title of a prepared email?

Is the list of variables available?
thebigaym

Re: Variables in Prepared Email Titles & Is there a List?

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:16 am

Hi thebigaym,

See this search.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby aleskl » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:54 am

James, I tried the search from your post (and other searches as well), but I didn't find any reference to the list of variables that may be used in Prepared email templates. Does such a list exist? For example, I would like to add a submission URL of the paper in the Editor decision email that is sent to the author. so that the author can just click on the link in the email to go straight to the article review page.
-Ales
aleskl

Postby aleskl » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:11 am

I also tried to use different variables from other email templates in the EDITOR DECISION RESUBMIT template, but they don't get replaced by automatic text. Eg. I tried to use the variable {$username}, but it doesn't get replaced with the actual username.
-Ales
aleskl

Postby rigas » Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:41 am

Hi

I tried the same thing :
would like to add a submission URL of the paper in the Editor decision email that is sent to the author so that the author can just click on the link in the email to go straight to the article review page.

And as it happens for you, in my case the embedded variables are not replaced. None of the following variables are replaced by their actual value in the email sent to the author:
{$submissionUrl}
{$authorUsername}
{$passwordResetUrl}

Any idea how to make this work ?

Rigas
Chief-editor Revue d'anthropologie des connaissances
rigas

Postby asmecher » Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:16 am

Hi Rigas,

Those variables are not available to the editor decision templates. To edit the set of available variables for the EDITOR_DECISION_... templates, you'll need to modify classes/submission/sectionEditor/SectionEditorAction.inc.php in the emailEditorDecisionComment function.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby rigas » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:15 am

Thaks Alec

I dont have admin privileges on the sever. So I'll have to have the server man

Thank you for your quick answer.

Rigas
rigas

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion