OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

if I have a system Jommla how import my database OJS?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

if I have a system Jommla how import my database OJS?

Postby agnuxluna » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:45 am

if I have a system Jommla how import my database OJS if I don't want the review process?
agnuxluna

Re: if I have a system Jommla how import my database OJS?

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi there,

I don't quite follow -- could you expand or clarify on exactly what you want to do?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby agnuxluna » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:20 am

jmacgreg wrote:Hi there,

I don't quite follow -- could you expand or clarify on exactly what you want to do?

Cheers,
James

Hey dude!

Well! I have a database on Joomla whit a big number of articles and I want to import this articles to OJS but without the submission process
Thanks and I'm sorry for my english!
agnuxluna

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:43 am

Hi agnuxluna,

I'm not sure how Joomla stores articles, and how or whether you can export those articles from Joomla into something like XML, but there must be a way. If/when you get an XML export of your articles, you'll have to convert that to our own XML import format. You can find more information on that format here. Unfortunately, I don't know of any plugin/application that will do this automatically for you, but you may have some luck searching for XML conversion tools, or developing your own XSLT.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion