OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Unable to send article to Copyediting

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Unable to send article to Copyediting

Postby dysbderlsw » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Hi,

I'm having an issue sending an article from the "Editor Decision" section of the Submissions In Review process to the "Copyediting" section of the Submissions In Editing process, and was hoping to get some help.

I'm logged in as an Administrator, and have an article that I've accepted ("Accept Submission (no change)") on the Review page:
decision.PNG
decision.PNG (16.74 KiB) Viewed 588 times

I selected the revised version as shown in the picture above, and clicked the "Send" button. It then took me to the Editing page, but the selected file does not appear in the Copyediting section:
copyedit.PNG
copyedit.PNG (14.02 KiB) Viewed 588 times

From what I understand, sending a file from the "Editor Decision" section should send it to the "Copyediting" section on the next page, but it doesn't appear to be doing so. Additionally, I tried using the "Upload" button as shown in the picture above to upload the file, but that didn't work either (although after checking the file system, the file did in fact upload correctly).

Would anyone know what the problem is, or if there is another step that needs to be taken for the file to appear in the "Copyediting" section?

I've looked over the documentation many times, but was unable to find a solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
dysbderlsw

Re: Unable to send article to Copyediting

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:51 pm

Hi dysbderlsw,

A few questions:

-- What is your OJS version?
-- It looks like you've made at least some cosmetic modifications to your install. What files have you modified?
-- Have you also sent the Author an email notification?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion