OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Registration new user and the existing emails

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Registration new user and the existing emails

Postby Ajaks » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:55 am

Dear,

I have removed all users form my website and I would like create new accounts for users using the email which I removed earlier. But I get the message that the email already exists. How can I remove the old accounts permanently. I use OJS 2.3.3
Any ideas how to do it?

Regards
Adam
Ajaks

Re: Registration new user and the existing emails

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:14 pm

Hi Adam,

You probably only unenrolled the user from your journal, or disabled the user -- that won't actually remove their account from the system. To see how to do this, please read this FAQ entry.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Ajaks » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:43 pm

Hi James,

many thanks for your assistance. Firstly, I have removed the users. Secondly, I merged the existing two users but the problem returns. I get the message that the username or email already exists.
After reading FAQ I see that at first I should merge the users and then remove them. But what should I do when I changed the order of activities?

Regards
Adam
Ajaks

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi Adam,

What are you trying to do, exactly? When you merge User A into User B, User A's email address should then be available to be used again. You don't need to do anything else to remove them.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Ajaks » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Hi James,

I cannot use the user's email who was removed from the system. I am sure that I have removed the users.

Regards
Adam
Ajaks

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:03 pm

Hi Adam,

Again, a message saying that the user's email is already in use indicates that the user was not merged -- try merging the user again, preferably via the Site Administration interface.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Ajaks » Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:30 pm

Hi James,

thanks for reply. But what can I do if I have only the one user :? I have removed all users previously.

Have a nice day.

Adam
Ajaks

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:14 pm

Hi Adam,

Are you absolutely sure you merged all existing users? Log in as the Site Administrator, and click on the Administrator's Merge Users link -- it will show absolutely all users in the system, something that the Journal Manager's same link doesn't necessarily do.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Ajaks » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:14 am

Hi James,

It works great. I am very sorry for my inattention :oops: Many thanks for your patience.

Kind regards
Adam
Ajaks

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion