OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

'In copyediting' workflow

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

'In copyediting' workflow

Postby abrownsell » Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:08 am

Hi,

EDITED 2 February 2011:

Further to my message below, I realise that I should have said the 'In Editing' overview screen that Editors use to browse through articles that have been accepted for publication and need a copyeditor assigned to them. The 'In Editing' screen doesn't seem to display submissions in a logical order. I would guess that the most recent additions to the 'In Editing' queue (eg, those submissions that have the most recent date for the Accept decision being logged) would be at the very top (or bottom) of the list. This doesn't seem to be the case. Consequently, this makes it very hard for Editors to find the article they have just accepted on the 'In Editing' screen.

This being a piece of software, I can't imaging the 'In Editing' screen lists submissions in some random order - there must be a system, I just can't see what it is.

We seem to be spending quite a bit of time identifying the most recent submissions arriving on the 'in copyediting' workflow screen.

As far as my colleagues can see, there is no discernable order to how articles are listed on the 'in copyediting' screen - we would assume that the most recent additions would be at the top of the list but that doesn't seem to be the case. The problem we're having is that we need to assign these articles to different copyeditors, depending on the content, but we can't easily identify which submissions are the newest or those that don't have a copyeditor assigned at all.

Can someone enlighten us on this? There must be an order to the 'in copyediting' submission list - I just can't figure out what it is!

Many thanks

Adam

PS. Also, when we have assigned an article to acopyeditor it still retains its yellow highlight on the 'in copyediting' screen. What action needs to take place for it to de-highlight. Thanks!
abrownsell

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion