OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Arrows up and down in Back Issues' contents page

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Arrows up and down in Back Issues' contents page

Postby Bobby » Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:53 pm

Hi there

:( I do not have any up or down arrows when I look at a Table of Contents (as an Editor) in the Back Issues, even though my colleague (when she logs in as Editor on another computer) does.

What do I need to do to reveal the arrows so that I can place my articles in the correct sequence?

Once I have arrows, will I be able to change the sequence of the sections as well?

Thanks
Bobby
Bobby

Postby asmecher » Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:14 am

Hi Bobby,

Just to make sure you're looking at the right page:
  • Click on "User Home"
  • Click on "Editor"
  • Click on "Back Issues"
  • Choose your issue
  • You should now see the table of contents, and ordering arrows along with the articles.
If you don't see the arrows, could you verify whether your colleague has the same problem on your computer?

OJS 2.1 (which will be released very shortly) supports custom section ordering as well on a per-issue basis.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Postby Bobby » Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:45 pm

Hi there

Thanks for the clear instructions regarding up/down arrows in the back issues, content page view - but I still don't have arrows. It's a mystery. My colleague has arrows when she accesses the site from her own computer so it just seems to be me.

Cheers
Bobby
Bobby

Postby asmecher » Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:04 pm

Hi Bobby,

Very strange... Do you get up/down arrows when you go to the Journal Manager's Sections page? What browser, browser version, and OS are you using?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion