OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Password hash and config file toubles

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Password hash and config file toubles

Postby bjbqd » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:27 am

Hi, I am running OJS 2.1.0.

First, I am trying to change the password of our administrative user by updating the admin user's password in our database. I see that in the config file it says the the encryption is sha1, but when I use sha1 in mysql on the original admin password it is not equal to the saved password hash in the database.

Also, I how do I call a variable in the config file which I added from a php file in the page directory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
bjbqd

Re: Password hash and config file toubles

Postby asmecher » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:30 am

Hi bjbqd,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6582&start=0 for information on how password hashes are generated.

To get settings from the configuration file, use the Config::getVar function (see e.g. lib/pkp/classes/core/String.inc.php for an example).

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Re: Password hash and config file toubles

Postby bjbqd » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Thank you both solutions worked perfectly. I did not know the hash was made of username and password.
bjbqd

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion