OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Urgent Help with LDAP Connection OJS

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Urgent Help with LDAP Connection OJS

Postby oscaralberto » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:14 am

English

Sincerely,

I am the administrator of the Pontificacia OJS sistems Universidad Javeriana Cali .. http://portalesn2.puj.edu.co/javevirtualoj/ojs/
Time domain.

One of my jobs is Conet this system with the LDAP database user of the university. is that the plugin system has a connection to any LDAP

admin -> Manage -> Sources autenficacion

I do data entry configuration that link parala ask me and I save.

My questions are:

1. As if there is connection or not the external database? the hissing has not told me any messages of this type
2. How does this plugin -> do not understand its functionality
3. How it would operate the registration of users? as is the procedure to register a user

Thanks.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Español:

Ayuda Urgente Conexion OJS con LDAP

Cordial saludo,

Soy el administrador del sistems OJS de la Pontificacia Universidad Javeriana Cali .. http://portalesn2.puj.edu.co/javevirtualoj/ojs/
Dominio temporal.

Una de mis tareas es conetar este sistema con la base de datos LDAP de usuario de la universidad. se que el sistema tiene un plugin de conexion a cualquier LDAP

admin -> Administrador -> Fuentes de autenficacion

Yo ingreso los datos de configuracion que se me piden parala conexion y le doy guardar.

Mis dudas son:

1. Como se si hay conexion o no a esa base de datos externa ? el sistea no me manda algun mensaje de este tipo
2. Como funciona este plugin -> su funcionalidad no la entiendo
3. Como quedaria funcionando el registro de los usuarios ? como es el procedimiento para registrar a un usuario

Gracias.
oscaralberto

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion