OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Urgent Help Please: PDF Files are empty!

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Urgent Help Please: PDF Files are empty!

Postby Dr_Attia » Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:36 pm

Hello,

I just issued the second issue of my Journal on kajog.net.
The links to abstracts work fine but the pdf files links to an empty page although they are present as Galley files which appear normal from the editor section of the journal!
Please help ASAP!
I just announced the journal but discovered this problem!

Thank you,
Abdelhamid Attia
Dr_Attia

Re: Urgent Help Please: PDF Files are empty!

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi Dr. Attia,

I just checked your site, and the current issue (August 2010) seems to be working fine. Have you fixed this? Is it an issue with a specific PDF? What do you mean exactly by empty page -- do you get an empty PDF file, or are you not prompted to download one at all?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Dr_Attia » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:55 pm

Hi James,

Thanks for your rapid reply.
When I click on the pdf link in front of any article it opens a page that is supposed to show the pdf automatically but it just gives me the reading tools column to the right and a blank page on the left instead of showing the original pdf file.

Thank you,
Abdelhamid
Dr_Attia

Postby Dr_Attia » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:07 pm

James,

Thank you very much. Your response that my page is working fine prompted me to test it with another laptop and guess what. YES IT WORKS!
It seems that it is a problem in my acrobat reader. The problem is that it was behaving the same using IE, Firefox, and Opera in the same laptop.
I will work on my acrobat installation.
Thanks a Million, you really put me at ease.
Abdelhamid
Dr_Attia

Postby jmacgreg » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi Abdelhamid,

Great to hear everything is working fine!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion