OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Counter Problems with OJS 2.2.3

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Counter Problems with OJS 2.2.3

Postby shane » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:40 am

Hello

I have recently set up a legal journal using OJS.

http://research.shu.ac.uk/ds/law/shlr

I wanted to get access to data showing how many times each individual article had been opened.

As the Journal Manager I have access to some very basic information vis Counter statistics which provide me with the "Number of Successful Full-Text Article Requests by Month and Journal (Year 2010)." However, this is a general count for the journal.

As an editor I looked at the editting section of each article and under "layout" it stated that each article had been viewed 0 times. This clearly cannot be true.

SO my basic question is how can I compile and get access to on how many times each individual article is opened.

Any help gratefully received
shane

Re: Counter Problems with OJS 2.2.3

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:24 pm

Hi Shane,

That view count definitely shouldn't be 0. I can't duplicate the issue, and I can't seem to find any bug reports concerning view count increment issues. The only thing I've found is this thread. Could you investigate a bit further, by:

a) seeing whether any errors are being reported to your server's error log; and
b) following Matt's advice on finding out whether view counts are being recorded in the database for a given submission, for example for Submission ID 13 (the Richard Wilson article).

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion