OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

raw html in Import peer review

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

raw html in Import peer review

Postby ushasharma84 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:28 am

hi
Whenever editor click on import peer review then html tag gets populated in the mail which is sent to author. Which form to edit to make it work.
Thanks in advance.
:roll:
ushasharma84

Re: raw html in Import peer review

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:39 am

Hi ushasharma84,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5548.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby tobiascvanveen » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:00 pm

Hi, I applied this patch via SSH on a Linux server but received the following error:

Code: Select all
dancecul@dancecult.net [~/public_html/dj]# patch -p1 <patch.diff
patching file classes/submission/sectionEditor/SectionEditorAction.inc.php
Hunk #1 FAILED at 1993.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file classes/submission/sectionEditor/SectionEditorAction.inc.php.rej
patching file templates/manager/reviewForms/reviewFormElements.tpl
Hunk #1 FAILED at 62.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file templates/manager/reviewForms/reviewFormElements.tpl.rej

I am running 2.2.3., and we have this HTML bug.
FYI there are no .rej files generated (?).

Am I missing something here?
Do I need file permissions set special?

I noticed that Hunk #1 code is actually at line 1883 (though patch should find it automatically). In any case, changing this in the .diff made no difference, still the same FAILED at 1883.

thanks, tobias.
tobiascvanveen

Postby tobiascvanveen » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:16 pm

FYI, the code we have in 2.2.3 at line 1912-1920 for [ SectionEditorAction.inc.php ] is:

$body .= "\t" . String::html2utf(strip_tags($possibleResponses[$value-1]['content'])) . "\n";
                                                }
                                            } else {
                                                $body .= "\t" . String::html2utf(strip_tags($possibleResponses[$reviewFormResponse->getValue()-1]['content'])) . "\n";
                                            }
                                            $body .= "\n";
                                        } else {
                                            $body .= "\t" . String::html2utf(strip_tags($reviewFormResponse->getValue())) . "\n\n";
                                        }

Note how it should be according to the diff:

$body .= strip_tags(String::html2utf($reviewFormElement->getLocalizedQuestion())) . ": \n";

So is the diff not compatible with 2.2.3?
tobiascvanveen

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi Tobias,

The patch isn't directly compatible with 2.2.3, no -- but you may be able to compare the diff with your current file, and modify the diff accordingly. Of course, upgrading to 2.3.3 will also solve the problem. :D If you need any further help or tips, please let us know and we can take a closer look.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby tobiascvanveen » Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:48 pm

Thanks James.

I have no plans to upgrade OJS to a version that isn't considered stable.

I'm surprised patches aren't being released for the listed last-stable version (?).
tobiascvanveen

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:59 pm

Hi Tobias,

We'll be releasing OJS 2.3.3-2 in the next day or two; with that release the 2.3 line will be marked stable, and we'll start a new development line. In addition, while support for the 2.2.x has definitely waned over the past few months, we are revisiting how we manage our stable/devel branches, with the aim to provide better support for both lines, so you'll see more consistency in the future.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion