OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Getting rid of duplicate submissions en masse

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Getting rid of duplicate submissions en masse

Postby Flying_Monkey » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:21 am

Dear all,

Is there any way of removing duplicate submissions (and I mean all reference to them, not just the document) en masse?

I ask because we are currently migrating our journal to a new server in another country at the same time as importing XML versions of issues from the older pre-OJS version of the journal. During this process there have been many unsuccessful attempts which left half-issues and duplicates in the system.

The properly migrated issues have all their articles in the archives as one would expect, but all the unsuccessful duplicates etc. are listed as 'unassigned' submissions.

Now I know I can open each one and archive then delete them, but there are 145 of them, and this would therefore take me about 2 tedious hours, given our server speed - is there a simpler way to remove all of these incorrectly listed articles en masse? This would make sense... and if there isn't, can I suggest this might be something to add into the next major release of OJS.

David.
Flying_Monkey

Re: Getting rid of duplicate submissions en masse

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:16 pm

Hi David,

There has been a "Delete Articles" cli tool added to recent versions of OJS -- see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4759. You can see usage instructions by running php tools/deleteSubmissions.php.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Re: Getting rid of duplicate submissions en masse

Postby Flying_Monkey » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:49 am

Thanks, but is this purely a server function - i.e. there is nothing that would appear to me as Editor? Or do these instructions result in a new function appearing to me as Editor? It makes a big difference because I don't have direct server access...

David.
Flying_Monkey

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion