OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Users and their journal affiliation

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Users and their journal affiliation

Postby jlaherty » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:39 am

Hello,
We run multiple journals on one OJS instance and I know there are users in our database, but I can't figure out which journal they belong to. The only way I can find the is in the site administer role, merge user function. I don't want to merge them, I just want to know which journal they're affiliated with. I've been through all dozen of our titles looking at Users enrolled in this journals, but to no avail. Is there any way I can associate people to their journals as journal manager? Or do I need to go into the database? Thanks!
jlaherty

Re: Users and their journal affiliation

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:44 am

Hi jlaherty,

This has just recently come up in another thread, and I've filed a feature request to list all user enrollments for Site Admins when viewing their profile: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5492. Please feel free to comment on that feature request, or CC yourself to it for future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion