Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.
Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions. What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:
1. Read the documentation
. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.
2. take a look at the tutorials
. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.
3. Post a question
. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support
subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development
1. As editor, I've uploaded several older articles myself. In the author index, the same author appears 2 or more times with different affiliations or different spellings of names or initials. Is there a way to move an article from one author to another so that all articles appear for one listing in an author index.
2. An author updated his affiliation in his profile. In the author index, however, the old affiliation remains. What can be done about this?
- Posts: 46
- Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:25 am
Regarding 1: You'll have to correct the article metadata individually, so that all author information is entered identically. You can do so by logging in as an Editor, finding the submissions in the Archives page, and finding the Edit Metadata from the submission Summary page.
Regarding 2: you may have to reindex. You can do so by running the following:
- Code: Select all
- Posts: 4190
- Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 10:50 am
Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest