OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How do I create a back issue from finished PDFs?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How do I create a back issue from finished PDFs?

Postby Alcesjournal » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:20 am

Hi there,

I'm a bit of a newbie here so please bear with me.

I understand how to create a new issue volume, one which we are building from scratch with author submissions, reviews, copy-edits, layout-edits, proofreads, etc. I'm a bit confused about how to create a back issue based on finished PDFs we already have. Is it basically the same process but skipping all the middle steps?

Should I create author accounts for each and every author, upload their finished PDFs, log in to my editor account and mark them as accepted and set to publish in a particular issue, log into my layout editor account and re-upload the finished PDFs as galleys, and once all the documents are in the system log back in as the editor and set the issue for publish?

Once that's all done, do I simply archive all the unassigned author submissions?

I heard someone mention a "quick submit" plugin but I can't seem to find a link to download it anywhere...

Your help is much appreciated in advance!

Editor of Alcesjournal.org using OJS
Alcesjournal

Re: How do I create a back issue from finished PDFs?

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Hi Alcesjournal,

You may want to look at the Expedited Submission process or the Articles & Issues bulk issue import plugin, both detailed here: http://pkp.sfu.ca/wiki/index.php/Import ... rting_Data.

You can download the files for the Quicksubmit plugin here: http://github.com/pkp/ojs/tree/master/p ... ickSubmit/. Note that this plugin may not work with versions previous to 2.3. You can currently only access the plugin from Journal Management -> System Plugins -> Import/Export Plugins -> Quicksubmit Plugin, but we're planning on having the interface available to Editors in the future.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion