OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

LIMITATE FILE EXTENSIONS

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

LIMITATE FILE EXTENSIONS

Postby jojovem » Sat May 22, 2010 4:38 pm

How do i change the way the user sends the articles but only allowing him to send pdf, zip, rar, general compressed files

And how do i make step 4 in submitting an article(Upload Supplementary Files) disappear, after the user sends the article he will be sent to step 5 imediattly.

Thanks
jojovem

Re: LIMITATE FILE EXTENSIONS

Postby jojovem » Tue May 25, 2010 3:02 pm

is this possible?

Im really lost by trying
jojovem

Postby mgscano » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:44 am

I guess these questions might be properly answered in the Development forum, should an admin move the discussion there.

Anyway, limiting the allowed file extensions could be a really great feature, might be once implemented.

bye,
Marco
mgscano

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:57 am

Hi folks,

jojovem, apologies for missing this thread when it first came up. I have added this as a feature request, but it probably won't be in the next version of OJS. See http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5607 and feel free to comment if you have any other suggestions. If either of you have resources to put towards this kind of development, please let us know and we can give you help where we can.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion