OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Choose section editor by area of knowledge

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Choose section editor by area of knowledge

Postby jojovem » Mon May 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Hi, im a graduating student from brazil, and im doing a software migration to OJS. One of the concerns of my teachers, were the abiity to choose which section editor will be set for the current article.

Explaining:
Im a editor, i want to choose a genetics teacher to the current article, so i want a list of all listed as section edtiors which have knowledge in that area.

I Couldn´t find this feature in OJS, is that possible to do?
jojovem

Re: Choose section editor by area of knowledge

Postby jojovem » Tue May 04, 2010 6:18 pm

anyone plz
jojovem

Re: Choose section editor by area of knowledge

Postby jmacgreg » Thu May 06, 2010 10:38 am

Hi jojovem,

You can't currently create lists of Section Editors based on area of interest, but you can assign multiple Section Editors to a particular journal section. Otherwise, you'll have to choose from a list of unsorted Section Editors. However, I do like the idea of being able to list areas of interest for Section Editors, and have add this as a feature request: see http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=5403, and feel free to CC yourself to the report for any future updates.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion