OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to allow users to download the journal template

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How to allow users to download the journal template

Postby jamarin » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:52 pm

I have uploaded the template in the "files browser" and link it in the author guidelines and home page. but nobody could download it (they need jounrlamanager accounts to acces that file).
It is possible to use some place to upload public access files for authors or readers? how to configure it?
jamarin

Re: How to allow users to download the journal template

Postby jamarin » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Fixed:
The link must contain the real path to the file in the server, for example:
/ojsfiles/journals/33/template.zip

And not the path you see as journal manager in files browser:/ojs-2.2.0/Index.php/myjournal/manager/files/template.zip
jamarin

Postby richard75 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:17 am

Hi

Same problem here, with any file uploaded to files browser, which no one except the journal manager (yours truly) can download.
Here is the kind of path I get, which proves useless : http://latelier.u-paris10.fr/index.php/ ... telier.ott
I have understood that the real path must go to the file on the server, but question is: "how can I get to know it as a journal manager?

as authors are getting in line for the next issue, and I'm getting bored to send them the necessary files, I offer many thanks in advance to anyone who would help me out of this

Richard
richard75

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:55 am

Hi Richard,

If you know your files path (in config.inc.php) you should be able to follow jamarin's advice and just rebuild the URL. You may have to find the file on the server by using the files path to find the files directory, and then navigating to the file in particular. Another option is simply to upload the file to your website at another location and point specifically to that.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion