OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Pre-view whole issue

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Pre-view whole issue

Postby philipl » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:26 am

As an editor I realise that I can preview an issue before pressing the 'publish' button (which then emails out). As this is our first issue, I want others to comment on the look and feel before we go live. How can I do this - ideally as a 'pre-view' via url?

Philip
philipl

Re: Pre-view whole issue

Postby philipl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:05 am

No answer ... so I presume it can't be done. I set up the editorial team as editors in order to let them look, but don't really trust them with the journal technicalities (they are all lawyers). Might be an idea to have a facility to allow this kind of previewing? Perhaps to have three stages: preview, publish and then advertise publication?

Philip
philipl

Postby jmacgreg » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi Philip,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier -- we're a small team . The exact functionality you're looking for doesn't yet exist. You should, however, be able to enroll your Editorial Team as Layout Editors, who are then able to preview a table of contents. If I remember correctly though, they have to be assigned to the submission (however, you can add multiple layout editors to a submission).

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby msaghaei » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:01 am

We had the same problem. Although using OJS roles will enhance the quality of publication, but having the comments of a larger group of individuals like the editorial board members is very useful. I think before this functionality becomes available in OJS, it is possible to release the issue as an online early (or early online!) without issue identifications (vol, num, pages) as the current issue. This way the public can view the issue contents and send feedback. If using this strategy it is necessary to describe the issue as this at the very top of the TOC. In particular you have to state that the issue contents may changes. The main problem with this is with harvesters, they are not intelligent enough to differentiate an online early issue, so they will harvest a premature issue because they recognize it as the current issue.
msaghaei

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion