OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

How to cancel submission by author

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

How to cancel submission by author

Postby mjaws » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:00 am

Hi all,.
I got a problem here.
I would like to modifying submission process of OJS, especially in ability of author to cancel his/her submission paper.

wish you can help me.
mjaws

Re: How to cancel submission by author

Postby jmacgreg » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:34 pm

Hi mjaws,

Modifying the submission process is not trivial, and code changes will most likely be required. Do you have development resources on hand? We can give you some tips if you take a look at the underlying codebase, try out some modifications, and give us a more detailed understanding of what you're trying to do.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby Hankyaku » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:45 am

I have a similar problem. I'm making a tutorial for our crew of the journal about the editorial (and review) process, thus I created a "fake" submission by a "test" author. Now the doc is ready and I'd like to delete both the user and the publication as well. Unfortunately it is in the statistics and also the editors see it as "in editing".
How can I delete the entry completely? I'm not too much in developing.
Hankyaku

Postby Hankyaku » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:16 pm

I've found the solution. First I created a section (as a Journal Manager) called "Trash" besides the "articles", where only editors may place articles, and is not included in the volume, TOC, or anywhere else.
Then I placed the fake article into this section, sent it to the archives and deleted it. Voila, the article is gone from the records, from the statistics, from everywhere. I also got a fake author "in stock" to have the unnecessary regs merged with it. So problem solved. However I have another question, but not for this topic.
Hankyaku

Postby RickMath » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:16 pm

Depending on where you are in the review process submissions can be canceled or deleted in several ways. If I understand the system correctly once a submission has gone into review the author can't do much. If the author has not finished the submission the person can delete the submission. Once into review a submission can, I think, be archived and then deleted by the editor. I am not sure if a section editor can do this.

Maybe the PKP team can ad more instructions but I think the above procedures are useful in controlling a peer review process.

Just my feeble thoughts and suggestions to help.

Rick
RickMath

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion