OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Sending an original email to all reviewers

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Sending an original email to all reviewers

Postby sasutton » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:02 am

We are needing to send an original email message to all reviewers in our OJS implementation asking them to update their review interests. We cannot see any way to select all reviewers for such a communication. Sorry if I have missed any earlier help on this issue here in the support system.

Stuart
sasutton

Re: Sending an original email to all reviewers

Postby RickMath » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Stuart

If you log in as the journal manager and go down to the lists of roles there will be an option to check all on each page. There is also a Send Email button at the bottom. I have 5 pages of reviewers and do the following:

Select all on the last page and other pages and copy the addresses to an email you want to send. I do not know if you can change the number of listings on a page here but there is an option somewhere that you can use to set the number of listings on a page. If I can find I will let you know here.

Hope this helps.

Rick
RickMath

Postby RickMath » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Stuart

Go to section 5:8 of the Setup (The Look) and change the number of items per page to something more that you total number of reviewers. Then if you click the Select All button. Then on the Send Email button and you should be good to go. This seems to work well for me.

Good luck!

Rick
RickMath

Postby sasutton » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:27 am

Thanks, Rick. Your instructions worked perfectly.

Stuart
sasutton

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion