OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

I have removed an article by mistake!!!

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

I have removed an article by mistake!!!

Postby cumhuriyet » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:08 am

Dear Friends

We have a journal entitled "Cumhuriyet Medical Journal" in OJS. We published four volumes of our journal. I have removed an article in the last volume by mistake.How can I re-add (or re-load) that article in the same volume of our journal? Could you help me? I am waiting for your reply within shortest possible time.

Sincerely yours

Melih Akyol
cumhuriyet

Re: I have removed an article by mistake!!!

Postby jennwaugh » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:22 pm

Hello Melih,

I'm not an expert in this in any way (I learn by trial and error!), but if you just deleted the article from the issue (e.g. from the Table of Contents, perhaps), I believe you can re-upload the article because the content (e.g. metadata, reviews, etc) will still exist in the archives. My suggestion is the following:
1. Use the Editor role, and select 'Archives'.
2. Find the article that you deleted (all the articles you have published or processed should be listed). Clicking on the article in archives should let you access all the normal pages associated with processing an article (i.e. the Summary, Review, Editing, etc pages).
3. Go to the Editing page and upload the article again (to Galley Proofs, I believe) and re-assign it to the Volume/Issue that you want, as you normally would have when you originally published the article.

Hopefully this works. I have gone through this process when I uploaded and published an article, and then realized there was a (minor) typo. I deleted it,and then replaced the original article with a cleaned-up version.

cheers,
Jenn Waugh
(Journal Manager, Ideas in Ecology and Evolution).
jennwaugh

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion