OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Not all items in ToC have hyperlinks

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Not all items in ToC have hyperlinks

Postby juanalvaro » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:20 pm

We just published our first issue using OJS. The Table of Contents contains all the articles, but only 16 of the 20 items in the ToC show hyperllinks (underlined) to the abstract and metadata page. Four of the articles do noy have hyperlinks (their pdfs can be downloaded correctly, and they have their metadata created).
Why aren't these hyperlinks showing (and we need the abstract page to appear as a referral page for doi)?
Thanks for any comments or help.
juanalvaro

Re: Not all items in ToC have hyperlinks

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi Juanalvaro,

I'm afraid I don't exactly understand the issue. Can you either paste or PM me a link to your OJS instance so I can take a look at the ToC?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby juanalvaro » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:13 am

Dear James,
Here's the link to the home page of our journal: http://www.revistas.unal.edu.co/index.p ... undo/index
In the ToC, all articles under "Articulos" and "Avances de investigacion" have hyperlinks in their titles (they show underlined, and on cliking it takes you to the abstract page of the piece). Under "Textos indígenas", "Testimonios" and "Resenas bibliograficas" there are 5 pieces whose titles don't have hyperlinks.
That's the issue. I'd like all the pieces to have their hyperlinks to their abstract pages.
Thanks,
Juan Alvaro
juanalvaro

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:31 am

Hi Juan Alvaro,

Are you sure those articles have abstracts? The link will only appear if they have abstracts -- otherwise, there will be no link.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby juanalvaro » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:08 pm

Dear James, that was the issue, they had no abstracts.
Thanks, Juan A.
juanalvaro

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion