OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

French translation available

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

French translation available

Postby pbourgeois » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:05 am

Hello,

First I would like to congratulate all of you for this most impressive system. I installed OJS 2.0.2-1 without any problem on a standard Apache/PHP/MySQL environment. Thank you also for your choice of standard Web development and for using an open and well implemented templating system such as Smarty.

While searching in this forum, I came across a couple of posts mentionning the existence of a french locale but I can't find it anywhere. Is there a french version of OJS available ?

Pierre
pbourgeois

Seeking French Translation of OJS 2.X

Postby John » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:16 pm

Pierre,

Thank you for yoru kind words. We do have a French translation of the earlier vesion OJS 1.X, as well as five other language translations generoulsy contributed by users (with OJS 1.X still available on our download page).

With OJS 2.X, Spanish and Portuguese have recently been made available, and we, too, are very interested in being able to offer a French version. If anyone is working on a French translation or if there is some way to partner on or support such an initiative, we'd be happy to hear about it.

Thanks,
John

Postby pbourgeois » Fri Nov 11, 2005 1:53 pm

Thank you for your reply.

We will be testing OJS for our International Journal of Technologies in Higher Education. I will suggest to the Advisory board of director that we should invest some time to contribute in the french translation if we intend to use it.

I'll keep in touch.

Pierre
pbourgeois

french locale underway?

Postby Jakob » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:21 am

Hello,

Is the french locale for ojs 2.x underway ? We would be interested (and could contribute...)

Regards,
Jakob Schlüpmann
http://www.hisal.org
Jakob

Postby John » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:50 am

There is a French translation up on the U of Toronto Press site. We have requested a copy this week and are waiting to hear. They do not have the Help files done, so your offer to assist is very valuable and timely. Will let you know, and would hope to have this underway shortly.
John

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion