OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Editing screen no longer loads in OJS 2.3.0

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Editing screen no longer loads in OJS 2.3.0

Postby impact » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:18 am

Hi, I've just upgraded from OJS 2.2.4 to OJS 2.3 and I am now getting an error when I go into the "Editing" screen of any article. The page no longer fully loads - Instead it stops at "1. Initial copyedit" and prints following message: "Fatal error: Call to a member function getDateNotified() on a non-object in <path to OJS>/cache/t_compile/%%B0^B03^B0335942%%copyedit.tpl.php on line 67"

Obviously this is rendering it impossible for me to do any copyediting, layoutediting, etc, not to mention publish articles...

Anyone have any idea how to rectify this problem? I would be very grateful for your help! Also, whatever I do I can't stop the system from allowing the PDFs of the articles to be downloaded, without the need for users to even register and/or log in. I've even disabled all open access options (including delayed open access) and the situation still persists....

Many thanks in advance,

ML
impact

Re: Editing screen no longer loads in OJS 2.3.0

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi ML,

Try clearing your template and data caches from the Site Administrator's User Home page to get rid of that error. How did you upgrade? I would also double-check that you completed all upgrade steps, and all new/modified files were uploaded fully.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby JerryRice » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:53 am

I have also experienced the same problem:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getDateNotified() on a non-object in /cache/t_compile/%%B0^B03^B0335942%%copyedit.tpl.php on line 151

And have clear the data and template cache a few times already. I did the full upgrade. I ran the install script and the database upgraded with no issues.
cache and all subdirectories are writable, as are public and files.

I am going getting this error for submissions made previous to the upgrade. New ones don't generate the error. Also one without copyediting does not have an error.
JerryRice

Postby asmecher » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:57 am

Hi all,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6450#p24830.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby JerryRice » Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:04 am

Thank you for this information I will test it out. (we also were upgrading from 2.2.4).
JerryRice

Postby JerryRice » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:09 am

After following the insert advice: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6450#p26291

for each article that was affected, the error went away and I was able to see the metadata again.

Thanks. I tried the non-tested old to new copyed_assignments > signoffs queries and have the new signoffs table stored in a backup in case I need it.

- Josh
JerryRice

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion