OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Clarification on Installing OJS

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Clarification on Installing OJS

Postby Neville » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:59 am

Dear John,

At the outset, congratulations on making OJS available as free software - I tried the 'Test Drive' demo - it is truly wonderful and a great piece of work by the PKP team.

We are a small publishing firm, and publish a few journals on behalf of medical societies/institutions. Free full-text articles of almost all of our journals are available online. The print versions are distributed either free to doctors in the region or to members of the respective societies/institutions on behalf of whom we publish.

Kindly let me know if it is OK (I hope it is) for us to install OJS for better and speedier handling of manuscript trafficking. We wish to utilize OJS up to the review or layout process i.e to manage the 'Editorial Process' of the journals, and then make the abstracts and free full text PDF files available online on the respective journal websites.

Look forward to your response.

Thanks once again and best regards,

Neville
Neville

Postby asmecher » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:01 am

Hello Neville,

As long as you follow the terms of the GPL (i.e. source code modifications contributed back to the community) you're free to use OJS however you like.

OJS supports open access on a "rolling window" basis -- if you wish to make articles open access after, say, 12 months, but you want to charge for subscriptions in the interim, OJS supports this configuration.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Neville

Postby Neville » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:48 pm

Dear Alec,

Thanks very much. John in fact also clarified by e-mail. We are now excited about installing OJS and amking our journals more efficient.

Thank you so much once again.

With kind regards,

Neville
Neville

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion