OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Giving authors access to reviews

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Giving authors access to reviews

Postby davidp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:14 am

Hello,

I'm just using OJS for the first time and I'm sure this is a very basic question. Reviewers have submitted reviews of a paper and also uploaded a version of the submission with comments inserted; I now want to pass these comments and commented document on to the author. How do I do this? When I log in as the author I don't see any way to access the comments; nor do I see a way of doing this as editor...

Thanks for any help you can give,
David Palfreyman
davidp

Re: Giving authors access to reviews

Postby marchitelli » Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:16 am

Hi david,
I now want to pass these comments and commented document on to the author. How do I do this?

when a reviewer has done his job and eventually attached a reviwed version file, the editor chooses if the author can/can't view this file.
The option is "Let author view file" and the editor has to flag the box and record the decision.

Andrea

CILEA - Sezione Servizi per le Biblioteche e l'Editoria elettronica
<http://www.cilea.it> - Via Ciro il Grande, 16, I-00144 ROMA
Tel. 0659292856 -- Fax 065913770
marchitelli

Postby davidp » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:13 am

A very belated thank you, Andrea!

I have chosen to make the document (with reviewer's comments inserted) visible to the author. However, the actual review itself (the section completed by the reviewer "For author and editor") doesn't seem to be visible to the author when he logs in.

Any further help would be very welcome.

David
davidp

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:15 am

Hi David,

Those reviews aren't typically available to the Author within the interface -- they have to be imported into the Author Notification email sent by the Editor using the Import Peer Reviews button.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby davidp » Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:18 am

Aha! Thanks very much, I've found the button now.

Keep up the excellent work,
David Palfreyman
davidp

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion