OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Issue ordering problem

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Issue ordering problem

Postby dkolin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:30 am

Hi

I've recently uploaded some back issues to an OJS journal website. The order of all of the issues is now jumbled. I tried the "Reset to Defaults" link, but it does nothing. (Although the URL switches briefly to ...\resetIssueOrder before going back to ...\backIssues).

Using the up and down arrows to manually readjust the order is not practical given the number of issues.

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks,
David
dkolin

Re: Issue ordering problem

Postby dkolin » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:31 pm

FWIW, I solved this problem by clearing my browser's cache and then trying it again. Don't know why that helped, but it did.
dkolin

Re: Issue ordering problem

Postby thebigaym » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:20 pm

I thought I was real clever.

I noticed that the URL for the down arrow on back issue ordering had the format:

http://jima.imana.org/editor/moveIssue/532?d=d&newPos=2

I copied that URL to a text editor.

So I hovered over the arrow above the position to which I wanted to move it to get the position that I wanted to get a new NewPos number.

I then edited the URL in the text editor, copied the URL into my browser, and, voila, the issue would jump multiple places to the location I wanted.

The only problem was when my list of issues exceeded 1 page.

I discovered there's no way using the arrows to move a back issue from the first page to the next page.

I'm in this position because I have nearly 100 back issues to upload, while we are publishing current issues.

Then I did the unfortunate mistake of clicking the "Restore Default" order, which apparently is publication date.

I said, well, I can simply change the publication dates on the issues, but the earliest possible date in the "Issue Data" screen is January 1, 1999.

I'm just entering fake dates now to put the issues in order. Any other suggestions?
thebigaym

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion