OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Article Reading Statistics

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Article Reading Statistics

Postby janer » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:26 am

Hello,

We have published one issue and are working on a second. We are using 2.2.1 and we require new readers to register before they can then freely view all contents.

I am trying to find out if there is a counter on the number of times that the papers/other items in the first issue have been viewed. I can't find anything about that in OJS in an Hour. I have noticed that on the Editing page of a paper, in the Layout Section, there is a heading VIEWS on the extreme right side of the screen, and the only archived papers that have an entry under that heading are those that appeared in the first issue.

Am I right in thinking that this number is the number of times that the pdf link for that particular item of the contents list has been viewed, ie downloaded, by a reader?

If not, but there is another way of finding this information, could you explain how please?

Many thanks

Janer
janer

Re: Article Reading Statistics

Postby mcrider » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi Janer,

Alec explains the how article views are shown over at this post:
The article view counts [is] in the Editor's interface, both on each article's Summary page(for abstract views) and on the Editing page (for views of each full-text galley format).

So, yes, you're right in thinking that :)

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby mjpickt » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:46 am

I'm interested in this too. I've followed up the posts you recommend but I'm still confused about what exactly is an 'abstract view' - I am getting 'abstract views' against articles that have no abstracts. :?
mjpickt

Postby janer » Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:46 am

Brilliant - thanks Matt - that's just what my Editors wanted!

Cheers
Janer
janer

Postby elciok » Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:18 am

Hello,
im have just the same need, but i have to show the counter/statistics of the article at his own page, where is available the PDF download, to show for external users. It's is possible to do that? regards. Thanks
elciok

Postby elciok » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:25 am

Hi, i got. I followed these instructions on page https://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewto ... f=9&t=9668
elciok

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion