OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

html document problem

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

html document problem

Postby kris » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:04 am

I am currently using the 2.0 version of PKP (I need to upgrade again 8) ) I was using acehmtl (the free trial :wink: ) to put in the html files for the last several journals. Now that my trial expired, I tried coffee cup editor. All of my html files are now buggy. There is a ? where every ', " and ... should be. Is this a result of my editor? Does anyone have any suggestions for fixing this? A new editor?

Is this a bug in my editor or the program?

kris
kris

HTML editor

Postby ramon » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:15 pm

Dear OJSers,

I recommend using [b]NVU[b] as a free option for other powerful html editors such as Dreamweaver, Frontpage or Golive. Its interface is similar to Frontpage, but creates a very clean code, and has many options, including a standard code view or tag view.

The problem you are having is most certainly a charset problem in your html. Please verify that your editor is able to save as utf-8 (not only change the charset in th meta tags).

Good luck
ramon

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion