OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Declined Submissin not Archiving

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Declined Submissin not Archiving

Postby bar338 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:56 pm

For some strange reason when a article is declined it is not going to the archives. I record the declined decision, then press notify author. Where i get a dialogue box that says that the submission will be archived if the send or skip email button are pressed. I then send the email (i've also tried skip email) and the submission does not move to the archives. In fact i noticed something really weird, if you look at the submission from the editors point of view it says its in review. But if you log in as an author it says in editing.

Any suggestions?
bar338

Re: Declined Submissin not Archiving

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:05 pm

Hi bar338,

I've replicated this and have filed a bug report: http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4522. Please feel free to CC yourself to that report for future updates.

FYI, declining the submission via the review page while it's in editing is probably not the best way to go -- better to use the Archive link as described in the report. Of course, this doesn't generate an email or anything, and perhaps that should be accounted for.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby jmacgreg » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi bar338,

Actually, Alec has clarified matters in the bug report: if you decline the submission *and then send a notification email*, the submission will archive.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby dpod » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:36 am

It doesn't look to me like this is true. I'm inheriting an installation, but we have a (thrice in fact) rejected paper with subsequent email, but it is still listed under review. Is there a way of manually moving this? It looks very much like the previous editor kept trying to get it to move automatically.
dpod

Postby jmacgreg » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Hi dpod,

Which version of OJS are you using? And is this only happening with one paper?

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion