OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

error submitting files

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

error submitting files

Postby kris » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:21 pm

Hi. I've successfully installed the journal and was attempting to submit an article. I tried manually creating a folder titled 2004 but it didn't work. Maybe I set up the separate folder for uploaded files the wrong way?

I received the following message:

Warning: mkdir(http://www.medicalspouse.com/home/kmmat ... ldocs/2004): No such file or directory in /home/kmmath/public_html/journal/admin/include/fileupload.php on line 99

Warning: move_uploaded_file(http://www.medicalspouse.com/home/kmmat ... 2004-2.doc): failed to open stream: HTTP wrapper does not support writeable connections. in /home/kmmath/public_html/journal/admin/include/fileupload.php on line 101

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/php0ShQzI' to 'http://www.medicalspouse.com/home/kmmath/journaldocs/2004/-2004-2.doc' in /home/kmmath/public_html/journal/admin/include/fileupload.php on line 101

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kmmath/public_html/journal/admin/include/fileupload.php:99) in /home/kmmath/public_html/journal/include/functions.inc.php on line 59
kris

Postby kevin » Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:57 am

It looks like you entered "http://www.medicalspouse.com/home/kmmath/journaldocs/" for the files path setting during OJS installation, instead of "/home/kmmath/journaldocs/" ?
kevin

Postby kris » Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:33 pm

I did :oops: I changed it and got another message. I'm sorry to keep bugging you..I just really like this system and would love to use it...but I'm not as competent as I'd like to be with the install:

Warning: mkdir(home/kmmath/journaldocs/2004): No such file or directory in /home/kmmath/public_html/journal/admin/include/fileupload.php on line 99

Warning: move_uploaded_file(home/kmmath/journaldocs/2004/-2004-5.doc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kmmath/public_html/journal/admin/include/fileupload.php on line 101

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpOVrapZ' to 'home/kmmath/journaldocs/2004/-2004-5.doc' in /home/kmmath/public_html/journal/admin/include/fileupload.php on line 101

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/kmmath/public_html/journal/admin/include/fileupload.php:99) in /home/kmmath/public_html/journal/include/functions.inc.php on line 59
kris

Postby kevin » Wed Apr 07, 2004 9:21 pm

Warning: mkdir(home/kmmath/journaldocs/2004)

You're missing the / that should precede home.
kevin

Postby kristen » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:41 am

Thank you..that did make the difference. It is those little things that sometimes can stump me....

Last question (I hope :oops: ) The file uploaded with no problem and I see it in the folder. I assigned myself to review it, but when I click on the file to review it, it just takes me to this website:

http://www.smart-finder.biz/1507/ I'm able to view all other links...Metadata, reviewers links, etc.

And let me just add that this system is just awesome. I love how it is set up!!!

kris
kristen

Postby kevin » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:46 am

What is the exact URL of the link?
kevin

Postby kristen » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:24 am

Kevin,

The link itself is this: -2004-6.doc and it refers to the document. What I've discovered is that if I download instead of just open the file it works.

Maybe it is a security issue on my computer?

While I'm bending your ear :oops: how do you get the document to show as an html and pdf file? I published a sample issue just to test things out at http://www.medicalspouse.com/journal

The only thing that shows up is the 'abstrct' which I had not submitted. I'm sure this is just something simple that I'm missing....

Sorry for the multiple questions!!!

kris
kristen

Postby kevin » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:43 am

The link itself is this: -2004-6.doc and it refers to the document.

"-2004-6.doc" is the HREF of the link (what shows up in the browser's status bar when you hover over the link)?

I'm not sure if it's the cause of this problem or not, but make sure you complete all steps of the journal set up. Judging from that file name you did not enter the "Journal Initials" in step 1.

While I'm bending your ear :oops: how do you get the document to show as an html and pdf file?

In the "submission editing" stage you would need to upload the HTML/PDF files under "Layout". You would also need to select HTML and PDF as supported publication formats in step 4 of the journal setup.

There are instructions linked to most steps of that provide more information, but if you still have questions about how the submission and publishing process works after experimenting with the system, John Willinsky (<john.willinsky@ubc.ca>) would be the best person to direct your query to (I'm not sure how often he checks this forum).
kevin

Postby kristen » Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:14 pm

thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!

You are right that I didn't have the initials in there first..I have since reset that...

I didn't realize that I needed to upload the files as html/pdf, but now that you say that it does seem crystal clear.

Thanks again for all of your help. If you are ever interested in a german translation, I'd be happy to help as much as I could.

Kris
kristen

Postby xavi » Sat May 15, 2004 10:39 am

kris wrote:I did :oops: I changed it and got another message.

Hi, and sorry for using this topic :oops: , but i'm having exactly the same problem.

The thing is, ¿how do I change the wrong path into the correct one? ¿do I have to re-install OJS or is there a way to do it without re-installing?

I'm asking this because we have all our journal settings already formed and translated, so I supose that if I have to re-install OJS I will lose all the work done.... :roll:

Thanks a lot!
xavi

Postby kevin » Sat May 15, 2004 3:11 pm

If you have access to the MySQL database (using the mysql command-line client or a web front-end like phpMyAdmin for example) you can change it with a simple SQL query:
Code: Select all
UPDATE tbljournalconfig SET chFilePath = '/new/file/path/';
kevin

Postby xavi » Sun May 16, 2004 10:19 am

Thanks a lot!!!! :D
xavi

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion