OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Unable to reset forgotten passwords

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Unable to reset forgotten passwords

Postby mpkidd » Wed May 20, 2009 11:14 pm

Good day

Before logging in, any user has the option of resetting their passwords by providing an email adress of a registered user. I receive the following error message if I attempt to change the password of any user:

Fatal error: Call to a member function setFrom() on a non-object in /var/www/ojs-2.2.3/pages/login/LoginHandler.inc.php on line 182

I have no idea what this means and I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this matter.

Thanks
Martin
mpkidd

Re: Unable to reset forgotten passwords

Postby jmacgreg » Sun May 24, 2009 6:51 pm

Hi Martin,

This has been reported as a bug, and a fix has been posted at http://pkp.sfu.ca/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=4228. Applying the OJS 2.2.3 patch will fix the problem.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby foscarini » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:53 pm

There is one more reference to the $email variable in the LoginHandler.inc.php:
Code: Select all
                $user = &$userDao->getUserByEmail($email);

Should it be changed too?
foscarini

Postby mcrider » Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:00 am

Hi forscarini,

No--that should be okay, it uses a legitimate email variable two lines up that represents the email address string drawn from the reset password form.

Cheers,
Matt
mcrider

Postby hilmiapak » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:34 am

I have downloaded version 2.2.3 (not upgrade, clean install) but got the same error. Looking at the corresponding file, I noticed, the LoginHandler.inc.php was not fixed as mentioned. I thing one should put the correct file into download archieve.

in systeminfo:
Program version
Current version

2.2.3.0 (July 28, 2009 - 09:43 PM)

Latest version: 2.2.3.0 (April 9, 2009
hilmiapak

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Hi hilmiapak,

You are correct -- that fix has not been added to the downloadable tar package from the PKP website. While it is a large bug and an important issue, we normally don't repackage software for spot release that address only one fix, unless it is a critical or security bug. The fix will definitely be included in OJS 2.3, which will be released in a few weeks.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion