OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Can I sort the journal issues manually?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Postby Marc » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:23 am

Hi people!

I'm importing XML data with the import/export XML plug-in into my OJS 2.0.1.
If the XML files are down to, more or less, 5 thousand lines the importation goes right, but if the files are biggest the importation stops without showing anything and the importation is partial.

My easy solution was splitting the file. I've splitted one of 15000 lines in three
files and I've imported its (with the same order as the original file).

I achieve to import correctly all of data but the archives are not correctly sorted.

Thanks a lot!!

Marc
Marc

Re: Can I sort the journal issues manually?

Postby asmecher » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:33 pm

Hi Marc,

The reason you're having to split your import into different files is probably that OJS needs more memory than PHP is allowing -- see memory_limit in "php.ini". You should be able to confirm that this is the problem by looking at your server logs.

OJS 2.0.2 no longer uses the DOMXML library for XML import/export; this should cut down on memory requirements somewhat. If not, try increasing memory_limit in "php.ini".

Issues are sorted by year, volume, and number (in that order), with the current issue always appearing first on the list. You can change the issue ordering by assigning appropriate year, volume, and number information in the Editor's interface.

Regards,
Alec
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion