I realized while testing and deploying the system that some files do not have the variable to print the HTML_CHARSET variable.
We are currently making available a translated version in portuguese that uses UTF-8 which is more suited for our language on the web, and is, as everyone knows, becoming a standard in a standardless medium.
One of the main problems is that the translation files (admin.inc.php, user.inc.php and install.inc.php) were in ISO 8859-1 in our local systems. The use of standard Dreamweaver installations may have transformed them or they were writen in a Windows system.
So, if anyone is changing the character set to something other than ISO 8859-1, they should change their current files and locate wherever there is a 'charset=' to something static like iso-8859-1, and change it to 'tr_(HTML_CHARSET)'. Then, change the variable in user.inc.php, as well as change the document´s characterset. In Dreamweaver: Modify>Page Properties. Other software or using something like notepad may be more difficult.
We have only changed the translation files to UTF-8. I only viewed the install.php on the browser and it worked! Further testing may be needed.
Any comments are welcome!