Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.
Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions. What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:
1. Read the documentation
. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.
2. take a look at the tutorials
. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.
3. Post a question
. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support
subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development
I realized while testing and deploying the system that some files do not have the variable to print the HTML_CHARSET variable.
We are currently making available a translated version in portuguese that uses UTF-8 which is more suited for our language on the web, and is, as everyone knows, becoming a standard in a standardless medium.
One of the main problems is that the translation files (admin.inc.php, user.inc.php and install.inc.php) were in ISO 8859-1 in our local systems. The use of standard Dreamweaver installations may have transformed them or they were writen in a Windows system.
So, if anyone is changing the character set to something other than ISO 8859-1, they should change their current files and locate wherever there is a 'charset=' to something static like iso-8859-1, and change it to 'tr_(HTML_CHARSET)'. Then, change the variable in user.inc.php, as well as change the document´s characterset. In Dreamweaver: Modify>Page Properties. Other software or using something like notepad may be more difficult.
We have only changed the translation files to UTF-8. I only viewed the install.php on the browser and it worked! Further testing may be needed.
Any comments are welcome!
- Posts: 940
- Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2003 6:15 am
- Location: Brasília/DF - Brasil
Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests