OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Windows Users

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Windows Users

Postby Foky » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:44 am

Hi,
Will OJS work on Windows XP or not?
Will it work on PHP 2
Thanks
Foky

Postby asmecher » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:57 am

Hello,

The current release of OJS works on Windows XP. You'll need PHP 4.2.x or newer.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

That is a lie

Postby daniel » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:19 pm

Im trying to install on a windows XP and I can't get to run.

I don`t know the real problem, but when I go to http://localhost/path/to/ojs/ it redircet to /php/path/to/ojs/install, and install doesn't exist. (it's not a php.ini problem i already verified it) Server: Apache 2.0

Please if someone know about this issue please contact me by this forum or to daardilam@unal.edu.co.

thanks a lot
daniel

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:06 pm

Hello Daniel,

All OJS requests go through the index.php script in the OJS install directory, even though it may appear to refer to subdirectories such as install.

For example, a request that goes to http://myhost.com/ojs2/index.php/install is handled by the index.php script with the "install" part being passed to the script in an environment variable.

Is index.php being specified in the requests that are causing trouble? Do your server logs indicate what the problem is?

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion