OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

OJS 2.0.1 reading tool

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

OJS 2.0.1 reading tool

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:56 am

i understand that OJS allows the capturing of citation to endnote. it only allows 1 citation to be captured? can i capture 1 or more citations into an endnote file?

EndNote citation

Postby ramon » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:20 pm

Guest,

I've never used end note, but I believe the reader will be able to capture the citation of each article desired...
ramon

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:39 am

hi ramon,

how about capturing multiple citations for multiple articles? any idea?

Capturing Mutliple Citations

Postby John » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:21 pm

I can see the possibility of setting up both the Table of Contents for an issue, as well as the search results for the journal, with checklists that would indicate capture citations in the users' program of choice. We do not currently have anything like this in OJS nor is in the current list of bugs, but now that it has been raised we will track support for the idea, as well as watch for its use in other systems, as it may well be a good candiate for a future version of OJS. Thanks for raising it.
John

Citation Capture

Postby ramon » Fri Aug 19, 2005 1:54 pm

John,

That sounds like a really great idea. It would also be interesting to allow the reader to chose the format, instead of setting it in the system.

Also, it could be interesting to allow the author to insert the bibliography and references and the system set it up for the article... I sent this comment a while ago...
ramon

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion