OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Spanish es_ES translations

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Spanish es_ES translations

Postby SergioRuiz » Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:53 am

Hi!

I officially announce that I'm working on es_ES translation of OJS 2.1. If anyone would like to help, you can contact me at sruiz@revistaesalud.com.

I would also like to ask moderators how can I do. I have some doubts on translations I would like to ask Spanish speakers, should I do it on the general phorum or a temporal sub-phorum can be created to work on this matter?

Thanks in advanced. Best regards,

Sergio Ruiz

p.d.: as early pointed by moderators, I won't work on help files until new version is released
SergioRuiz

Postby Sho Nakagama » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:20 am

Hello,

If you would make your translation availible for download, I would be very grateful.

I am working on an OJS installation for the Universidad de León and I'm in need of a translation for ES_ES (and not ES_AR).

While my Spanish is not great, my wife is bi-lingual and uses software in English and Spanish with not trouble, so she would be sure to provide suggested changes, if necessary.

Regards,

Sho Nakagama

Universidad de León
Rutgers University
Sho Nakagama

Spanish translation

Postby asmecher » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:57 pm

Hello,

Thanks to Sergio Ruiz, the Spanish (Spain) translation has been added to OJS. It will be included with future releases, and can be added to OJS 2.0.2 as follows:

• Download the Spanish locale from http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/download/locales/ojs2-2.0.2-locale-es_ES.tar.gz
  • Untar the archive into your OJS root directory
  • Add the locale to locales/registry.xml by adding the following line below the English locale:
    Code: Select all
    <locale key="es_ES" name="Español (España)"/>
  • Install the language following the directions there.

You may need to enable the es_ES locale for each journal; do this by going to "Hosted Journals" from the Site Administrator's User Home and pressing the Edit link for each journal and following the directions there.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion