OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

blank screen when accessing index.php/index/install

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Re: blank screen when accessing index.php/index/install

Postby ramon » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:11 pm

Hello Ronan,

Sorry for the so late response!

I assume you've read the README file available with your install.

I also hope you've found the OJS Documentation.

Usually, certain questions are answered in specific forums.
This is one page I've found by searching Google with "setting up apache with mysql on centos".

Change the database to the server you plan to use, but only PostgreSQL and MySQL have been fully tested.

I'm not really fond of CentOS because of its perks for setting up web servers, the places where it installs things is different. Just a matter of knowledge...

Coordenação de Tecnologias de Informação
Instituto Brasileiro de Informação em Ciência e Tecnologia - IBICT
Ministério da Ciência e Tecnologia - MCT
ramon

Postby rmchugh » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:50 am

Hi Ramon,

Thanks for the reply. My question was not about external documentation for installing things on CentOS, rather, is there a suitable place in the OJS wiki where I can share my experiences with the community? I imagine other institutions are running OJS on RHEL/CentOS, so perhaps they'd be interested? I've just spent another few hours this morning debugging a problem related to SELinux, so I'd be very happy if I could help save somebody else the hassle.
rmchugh

Postby asmecher » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:31 am

Hi Ronan,

This forum is useful, though the volume of posting keeps it from being very well organized. The other place you might post some notes is our wiki.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Public Knowledge Project Team
asmecher

Postby rmchugh » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:57 pm

Hi Alec,

How do I create an account on the wiki? The register link brings me to a contact form...

Cheers,

Ronan
rmchugh

Postby jmacgreg » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:29 am

Hi Ronan,

I've created an account for you on the wiki -- thanks for your interest in providing documentation/notes on this! The OJS Documentation page is here; just slot your documentation into the appropriate list. If you have any questions, just let us know.

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Postby rmchugh » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:47 am

Hi James,

Thanks for the account. I've created a page here and listed it int the Getting Started section of the Developer Documentation. Hopefully it can save somebody else some time.

Cheers,

Ronan
rmchugh

Postby jmacgreg » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:40 am

Hi Ronan,

No problem! Your documentation is appreciated. Good to have you on the wiki!

Cheers,
James
jmacgreg

Previous

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion