OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

user questions

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

user questions

Postby ross » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:09 pm

Is there a separate registration form for users or do they have to use the authorregister.php? Also, is there a way to get the administrator to be notified when a new member registers?

ross
ross

Postby ross » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:28 am

I'm sorry to be a bother again. I am trying to set up my journal and I can't seem to get the subscription function to work. I can only find the registration form for authors...not for subscribers. Anyone who would register could not choose their subscription type.

How can I direct my users to the correct login?

ross
ross

Postby kevin » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:43 pm

Subscribers must be enrolled by the journal manager. Self-registration of subscribers wouldn't really make sense unless OJS was integrated with some sort of payment system.
kevin

Postby ross » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:50 am

Thanks. I was running old software and upgread to 2.0.1. It's great.

I activated the subscription feature and made it so that the journal administrator must create the users. How do I tie in the 'reader' status to 'subscriptions'? As it currently is set up, when I register someone they immediately have access to the journal even though they aren't put into a category of reader or set up with a subscription'.

I registered a user (sampleuser) I can't see them when I look at the overall list of 'users'. When I go to enroll a user as an editor, reader, etc the user name is visible. I currently have not enrolled sampleuser as a reader or anything, but full content is available to this user. Subscription management is activated, but how does enrolling the user now help? Will they continue to have access once the subscription runs out? How can have only subscribers view content?

ross
ross

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion