OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Where can we find a detail document about OJS2.0?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Where can we find a detail document about OJS2.0?

Postby geust » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:27 am

I have installed the OJS2.0 and OJS2.0.1 successfully,
But I still have some problem in setup it same as demo?

Where can we find help or help document more than the "OJS in an hour"?
geust

Re: Where can we find a detail document about OJS2.0?

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:37 am

I hope I can do the same thing as "http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/demo/present/",
where I can find enough help?

geust wrote:I have installed the OJS2.0 and OJS2.0.1 successfully,
But I still have some problem in setup it same as demo?

Where can we find help or help document more than the "OJS in an hour"?

My simple question is about publication

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:03 am

In the Demo, We can see Abstract HTML PDF
but in my site, I can only have Abstract and PDF,
How can we set the HTML on it?

Demo:
Home > Current > Vol 1, No 1 (2005)
Vol 1, No 1 (2005)
Table of Contents
Articles
Understanding in the Absence of Meaning: Coming of Age Narratives of the Holocaust Abstract HTML PDF
Theresa Rogers
Scholarly Associations and the Economic Viability of Open Access Publishing Abstract HTML PDF

My Site:Vol 18, No 4 (2005)
Table of Contents
Article
On the influence of CJCP in Chemical Physics Abstract PDF

Postby John » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:27 am

With regard to Help, in addition to OJS in an Hour, we have a technical reference document at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/OJSTechnicalReference.pdf. There is also 12,000 word Help text built into OJS 2.X which can be accessed using the Journal Help link on each page of OJS once is installed. Finally, specific problems are discussed in this Support Forum, which can be searched, or can be posted to.

As for publishing format, in the Layout stage of Submission Editing, the Layout Editor or Editor can upload PDF, HTML, PS and any other files under Galleys, which then become the published formats in which the articles appear (as they can appear in more than one format).
John

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:05 pm

Thank you very much!

John wrote:With regard to Help, in addition to OJS in an Hour, we have a technical reference document at http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/OJSTechnicalReference.pdf. There is also 12,000 word Help text built into OJS 2.X which can be accessed using the Journal Help link on each page of OJS once is installed. Finally, specific problems are discussed in this Support Forum, which can be searched, or can be posted to.

As for publishing format, in the Layout stage of Submission Editing, the Layout Editor or Editor can upload PDF, HTML, PS and any other files under Galleys, which then become the published formats in which the articles appear (as they can appear in more than one format).

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion