OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Installation Problem

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Installation Problem

Postby don » Sun Jul 10, 2005 10:59 am

Hi

This is the first time I'm installing PKP OJS and I've copied the file to my web directory and run the installation. It all looked OK until I tried to login and it spat this out :

Warning: ini_set() [function.ini-set.html]: A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in C:\sites\ojs\classes\session\SessionManager.inc.php on line 35

Warning: ini_set() [function.ini-set.html]: A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in C:\sites\ojs\classes\session\SessionManager.inc.php on line 36

Warning: ini_set() [function.ini-set.html]: A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in C:\sites\ojs\classes\session\SessionManager.inc.php on line 37

Notice: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in C:\sites\ojs\classes\session\SessionManager.inc.php on line 57
DB Error: Duplicate entry '08bbaa4e2fe6f2a9fc52f32cb3bb46e4' for key 1

Could some one please advise as to what setting is causing this.

I am running PHP Version 5.0.1, MySql Version 3.23.57 and Apache Version 2.0.50 on a Windows Machine.

Thanks very much.
Don
don

Postby kevin » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:17 pm

From docs/FAQ:

10) "Warning: ini_set(): A session is active. You cannot change the session
module's ini settings at this time" messages appear when I load OJS.

A: Check if session.auto_start is enabled in your php.ini configuration. OJS
requires this setting to be disabled, which is the default behaviour in
current versions of PHP.
kevin

Thank

Postby don » Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:25 pm

Thanks Kevin

Thats the one.

Cheers
Don
don

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion