OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

not accepting submissions

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

not accepting submissions

Postby Lars » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:20 pm

I have installed OJS 2.0, created a journal and sections, but when I log in as an author to follow the submission steps, I get the message "This journal is not accepting submissions at this time." Have I missed anything in the setup of the journal? I read in an earlier message that creating a section might be the answer, but that doesn’t seem to be the solution in this case.
Lars

"This journal is not accepting submissions at this time

Postby John » Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:50 am

This happens when either the Journal Manager has not set up at least one Section (e.g., Articles, Book Reviews, etc.) for the journal to which authors are to make their submissions, or the Section that has been set up has the option, Submission from Editors only, checked. I will look into how we can make this oversight more obvious to users. Thanks.
John

Authors select Editor to see through submission

Postby ramon » Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:13 am

John,

Could you explain how the "Authors select Editor to see through submission" works in vrs 1.x?

Whenever we select this option the submission is blocked, even if there is an open section to publish (checkbox Editor's only is not selected in the section configuration!).

Do we need to assign an Editor to a Section? How does the submission take place?
ramon

Postby John » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:03 am

It sounds like this feature may not be working, and it has not come up in our experience working with it among existing journals.

However, in 1.X, it is intended to work such that an author is presented with a pulldown menu on step one of the author submission that includes the names of all Section Editors and Editors who have been selected to manage the journal's sections. The selected editor should be indicated in the Editor column oft he Submission's queue.
John

Authors select Editor to see through submission - continued

Postby ramon » Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:25 am

John,

Well, that may seem to be the problem.

We may have forgotten to designate an Editor to a Section, then it doesn't show the user...
ramon

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion