OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

By-passing Review process / customizing workflow

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Postby mikael » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:52 am

Hi all

OJS is a great system I really like the detail of the software and the professional feel of the system. But I have difficulties with the very detailed work flow for review and editing, I'm helping a printed journal to get online and they have their own review system and would like to keep it. This is why I would like to know if there is any way of by-passing the review work flow e.g. that the "editor" can just upload the final peer-reviewed articles.

I general I would very much like to be able to customize the workflow. If no one else has dealt with this I guess I'll have to talk our IT-guys into some OJS developing ;)

Thanks for a great piece of software!

Mikael
Copenhagen Business School Library
mikael

Postby kevin » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:23 am

You do not have to complete the review process; you can go straight to layout editing if you like.
kevin

Postby mikael » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:52 am

Hi thanks for the quick reply.

After a bit of messing about with the OJS I too found that I could just go streight to the layout editing. But it still doesn't seem quite effective enough if you have to up load a lot of digitized back issues into OJS that forinstance haven't got metadata that could be importet to OJS. In that case it would still make a lot of sense that the editor could just upload and type in the metadata in on go.

There must be someone else who have had to deal with the same issue?? Otherwise I will look into this matter with a php colleague from our IT-deparment soon - so if we find a neat sollution - we will of course share with the rest of you :)

Best Mikael
mikael

Postby kevin » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:27 pm

The XML import tools that will be included in the next release of OJS 2 will be the most effective approach for bulk importing of back issues.
kevin

Postby hilmiapak » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:02 am

I am also new to OJS. I setup a site with OJS 2.02 . I tried to transfer my old files with importing XML without any succes. Therefore I decided to use the second method. But I cannot go directly to layout editing section.
Can anyone explain me the way?
hilmiapak

Postby asmecher » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:54 pm

Hello,

See http://pkp.sfu.ca/support/forum/viewtopic.php?t=580 for a list of the steps that must be taken to publish an article using the Author's Submission process.

Note that the XML import/export tools are available in the current release of OJS.

Regards,
Alec Smecher
Open Journal Systems Team
asmecher

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion