OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Arxiv Journals

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Arxiv Journals

Postby Antony Lewis » Sat Jun 18, 2005 2:04 pm

* I have installed the software successully, but I found I had to turn allow_call_time_pass_reference on to get it to work without a large number of erors. Tip: for people without access to php.ini, the required preferences can be set in .htaccess using

php_flag register_globals 1
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc 1
php_flag allow_call_time_pass_reference 1

* We are thinking of starting journals based on eprint archives. For a summary of the concept see

http://arxivjournal.org

To get this to work with OJS would require some quite extensive modifications:

- Removing all of the parts to do with production and file handling, going directly from "accept" to "published"

- Adding standardized key word lists to each author, referee and editor and automating most of the process of editor-assignment, and simplifying referee selection.

Is this something OJS would be interested in doing themselves? Otherwise if I make modifications the software will probably diverge irretrievably from the OJS distribution.
Antony Lewis

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion