OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

login problem?

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

login problem?

Postby jasonzou » Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:59 am

Hi there,

I have installed the OJS2 on my machine successfully. There was no any error message at all during the installation. But when I try to login, the OJS always shows me the login interface. If I use wrong username and password, the system gives me an error message for sure. It seems that the username and password are valid. However, what is the problem?

By the way, I installed the OJS2 on win2k with apache 1.3.3, mysql 4.1, and php4.3.11.

Jason
jasonzou

Path is "//"

Postby jasonzou » Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:31 am

I just installed OJS 2.0 on Linux. And I had the similar problem as mentioned above. "//" is always in the URL. I tried to log in, the log in interface is always there!

Sigh! Is there anybody who can help out???

Jason
jasonzou

Re: login problem?

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:24 pm

After a good month of trying, I finally got OJS2 to install, by some stroke of happiness. Having the same login problem as you, though. I reset my password, and it worked for one session, but when I tried to get back in again, it didn't, and this time the reset password trick didn't work. As you suggested in another post, I can log in through IE, but it doesn't make it work in Firefox. It's not just with the administrator account, but with any account any user creates. Is this problem going to be fixed in 2.01?
Ari

Cookies

Postby dlaitsch » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:20 pm

I was running into the same problem and will also report this as a bug. For IE 6 on PCs (at least), the cookie security setting needs to be lowered to "low." On my Mac (OSX) IE works fine at "Medium" as does Safari, so this appears to be a Windows specific issue.
dlaitsch

Re: login problem?

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:06 pm

Ok. after 2 days of headache. I finally work this issue out.

I think the problem is caused by "\". In Windows OS, dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) for a script in document root will return "\" instead of "/". Since OJS 2.0 uses Smarty template approach, such bug will fail the whole template mechanism including session control.

I made a change on /classes/core/Request.inc.php. starting from line 57. I changed that if block to:
Code: Select all
if (!isset($baseUrl))
{
  if (dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']) == '\\')
  {
    $baseUrl = Request::getProtocol() . '://' . Request::getServerHost() . '/';
  }
  else
  {
    $baseUrl = Request::getProtocol() . '://' . Request::getServerHost() . dirname($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']);
  }
}// endif

Everything just work like a charm for both major browser. IE/Firfox. (Before I changed the code, OJS looks urgly in Firefox)

I hope this may help you guys a little.

Jackey Hong
Georgia State Library

jasonzou wrote:Hi there,

I have installed the OJS2 on my machine successfully. There was no any error message at all during the installation. But when I try to login, the OJS always shows me the login interface. If I use wrong username and password, the system gives me an error message for sure. It seems that the username and password are valid. However, what is the problem?

By the way, I installed the OJS2 on win2k with apache 1.3.3, mysql 4.1, and php4.3.11.

Jason

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion