OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

Altering text in webpages

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

Altering text in webpages

Postby osborne » Sun May 29, 2005 1:39 pm

Some of the text for the webpages on a journal site can be changed by the journal manager, via forms under the control of the Journal Manager. (I see they are stored in the journal_settings table of the database.)

I'd like to change some of the other bits of text. Where can I find them? Are they in the database, or are they hardcoded into one of the files? I've been poking around without success. Specifically, I'd like to alter some of the text on the submission pages: take the first block of text in Step 1, for example ("Authors submit items ..."). If I know how to change that, I think I'll be able to figure out everything else.
osborne

Postby kevin » Sun May 29, 2005 3:49 pm

Text is defined in locale/en_US/locale.xml
kevin

Postby osborne » Sun May 29, 2005 7:09 pm

Thanks.

Bugzilla seems to be down/dead, so I'll report what seems to be a minor error here. (It doesn't seem worth starting a new thread for this point.)

There seems to be a small error in the EDITOR_ASSIGN template: the link leads to submission "editing" whereas it should lead to submission "reviewing". Logic suggests that that can be corrected by changing
$submissionEditingUrl
to
$submissionReviewUrl
Is that right?

I should add that the software is astoundingly good!!
osborne

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion