OJS OCS OMP OHS

You are viewing the PKP Support Forum | PKP Home Wiki

PDF article not linked in published issue

Are you an Editor, Author, or Journal Manager in need of help? Want to talk to us about workflow issues? This is your forum.

Moderators: jmacgreg, michael, vgabler, John

Forum rules
This forum is meant for general questions about the usability of OJS from an everyday user's perspective: journal managers, authors, and editors are welcome to post questions here, as are librarians and other support staff. We welcome general questions about the role of OJS and how the workflow works, as well as specific function- or user-related questions.

What to do if you have general, workflow or usability questions about OJS:

1. Read the documentation. We've written documentation to cover from OJS basics to system administration and code development, and we encourage you to read it.

2. take a look at the tutorials. We will continue to add tutorials covering OJS basics as time goes on.

3. Post a question. Questions are always welcome here, but if it's a technical question you should probably post to the OJS Technical Support subforum; if you have a development question, try the OJS Development subforum.

PDF article not linked in published issue

Postby Frank Kargl » Tue May 24, 2005 7:00 am

I am currently trying to setup a demo journal with OJS. Everything (creating a journal, submitting an articles, reviewing) goes fine until I publish an issue where I included an article. The article was submitted as an PDF document.

When I then look at the table of content of the issue, the article only contains a link to the abstract, but there is no link to the full paper.

This page is created in
Code: Select all
.../templates/issue/issue.tpl
where you can read:

{if (!$subscriptionRequired || $article->getAccessStatus() || $subscribedUser || $subscribedDomain)}
  {foreach from=$article->getGalleys() item=galley name=galleyList}
    <a href="{$pageUrl}/article/view/{$article->getBestArticleId($currentJournal)}/{$galley->getGalleyId()}" class="file">{$galley->getLabel()}</a>
  {/foreach}
{/if}

When I look in the database, it seems there is no galley associated with the article, but actually I dont fully understand yet the way, OJS stores its articles.

So what's going wrong here? Are PDF supposed to be linked in the TOC of an issue? Paper Upload worked fine, because the PDF is fully accessible during review.

Regards ... Frank

PS: I think there is an error in
.../classes/install/Installer.inc.php
line 115. The line reads

if (! (file_exists($publicFilesDir) && is_writeable($publicFilesDir)))

but should probably read

if (file_exists($publicFilesDir) && !is_writeable($publicFilesDir))

At least this is the only way that installation worked for me.
Frank Kargl

Postby kevin » Tue May 24, 2005 8:31 pm

When I look in the database, it seems there is no galley associated with the article, but actually I dont fully understand yet the way, OJS stores its articles.

Galleys are uploaded under the Layout Editing component of Submission Editing.

If you're new to OJS you may want to take a peek through the "OJS in an Hour" document available here.

PS: I think there is an error in line 115

That does not look like an error to me. The "public" directory must both exist and must be writeable for the system to function correctly. With your change the installer would not return an error if the directory does not exist.
kevin

Return to OJS Editorial Support and Discussion